Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'm Me, Not My Sister. Awkward questions

So, I'm pretty sure people get compared with other students and their parents urge them to get better than them. Sure, it happens. It's normal. I know, I know. But it's annoying when people start comparing you to your older sister who was the first one to get best all around twice in her school, won 2nd place in national top ten when she finished tenth grade and got 1st place when she finished twelfth grade. Not only this, but she had to all good marks and be top of the school.

Me personally, I like being average instead of smart and popular. I don't need to be so popular that everyone knows who I am. Oh and by the way, there are some kids who worship my sister and tried to be my friend to get to come over to my place and talk to my sister.

I'm not saying that I don't like having a smart sister. I Love it. Because I know I would be that rude annoying giggly voiced girls you see on the streets everyday if she wasn't there. But what I don't like is that they start comparing me with her. Sure, we may look alike but that doesn't mean that I am like her.

While my sister likes spending time with my family and babysitting my baby sister, I like spending my time in my room even if I am not doing anything. While my sister is nice to everyone and lectures people about their attitude (including me), I like saying what is in my mind (not in a rude way) and not bothering to care what other people are like. My sister is mostly very open and honest while I am like a shut-in. I could go on and on forever.

Believe me, my house has a huge shelf in which my trophies take up like one fourth of the shelf, while my sister takes up the rest. And don't get me started with the sashes.Sure, I don't care about how many trophies or sashes I get but my parents does.

Since my sister got first in the country, they asked me to get first in the world. WHY??? Isn't one super daughter enough?

Bottom line, I am not my sister. I am me. It's time for my family members (including my aunts and uncles), and fake friend worshippers to open their eyes and see Shia. Not Shina. You better before reality slaps you in the face.

Actually I'd like to see that. Will it leave a red mark on their cheeks? That would be funny to watch. I better take pictures. Anyway, comparing is stupid. 

PS. I just read really awkward questions to ask a person.

1. If you were gay, who would you date?
2. If no one was looking, what would you do?
3.If you could change something about your past what would you change?
4. What was your nickname when you were young?

{I don't mind my family members calling me Shiakko. But, I do mind other people calling me. It's so embarrassing. :P LOL. Oh and funny story, I have this childhood- wait this can still count as childhood right? Okay so kindergarten would be baby-hood I guess. So I remember that when I was in kindergarten, I would literally throttle anyone who would call me anything other than Shiakko. Until I went to fourth grade I used to make a huge fuss unless the teachers and my friends called me Shiakko. So, the teachers were used to calling me that. So my baby-hood friend and I were hanging in my new school (My sister's former school) and his mom came. (His mom was one of my teachers.) She called me Shia and my baby-hood friend decided to remind his mom to call me Shiakko. (That evil man. I could have cut his throat and cook it with soup and feed it to my little sister if his mom wasn't there.) And then the other day, his mom was doing a course and was our Dhivehi language teacher's assistant and she taught us while Dhivehi teacher was examining. And then his mom was all like, "Shiakko, you know the answer to the question right?" Everyone's head turned to me. Seriously. Students from my ex-school grinned at me (cux they already knew) while other students sent me confused looks. And for the rest of the day she called me Shiakko. I nearly died. I bet my baby-hood self would have been proud if she knew her hard work had worked well.}

5. What teacher did you feel attracted to in high school?
6.(Really awkward) Why do women shave their armpits and women don't?
7. What is your first thought when you wake up in the morning?  {Mine is to check my phone for notifications}
8. How often do you stare at my nose? (Is that awkward?)
9. Am I you're type?
10. Is your sister single?

No comments:

Post a Comment